Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help with 1 user problem in XP

hi everyone, i have searched this board for hours and have not been able to find an answer to the question i have, so i'll ask it myself. the problem i am having is that i installed WINXP on my computer after my dad had bought it, the copy i ownis legal however i came to find AFTER installing it that you can only have it installed on 1 comp at a time. that off the bat made me mad, so i played with it some and said "ehh" it wasn't a huge deal to use it so i figured might as well uninstall it. but wait... you can't uninstall it if you upgraded from win2k, and the morons at microsoft say i'm S.O.L. (%#$@ out of luck) that i'll have to reformat my hardrive. i can't even just delete the windows dir and reinstall that he said. he said i'll just have to back eveything up... is Gates going to pay for all the 3.5 floppy discs it'll take to backup 40gigs? so anyway, i'm scewed unless i can find away around this serial number junk. i'm not trying to promote piracy, although it looks as though Gates is driving everyone to it, for i own a legal copy of the software and i live in the same house as my dad so i will lose no sleep over beating Gates. can anyone please tell me how to get around the requiring a serial # stuff, and also where do i get that SP1 serial # changing prog? thx in advance for any help you can give me.

Dropkick

Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

thx for the help so far, but when i try to unzip the cdkey changer it asks for a PW. can anyone tell me what it is please? thx again

i tried DL of the file and opened the zip file. it works perfectly fine. both the files (Key Viewer and Key Changer) are working perfectly fine and its not asking for any PW while unzipping.
    wats the probs u r facing? be a bit more elaborate or try the DL again.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information