Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I goofed,now what????

I have a dual boot system with win98 on one hard drive,and XP on another. Today,while booting to 98, I got a MBR error message. Without thinking,I hit the restore option,and now it appears my bootloader is gone. I assumed the system remapped every so often,and it would only restore to a setting a few days back. Apparantly, it went back to before I installed the dual boot set up.
    Can I do anything other than a re-install of XP to reclaim my dual boot?..........Thanks

You should have no problems if you just reinstall XP over the top of your existing version. This way it should do nothing more than reset the MBR to allow the dual boot and then overwrite any system files that might be corrupt.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

That's all I ever did the two times that mine did that (but for different reasons) and there was no probs though I believe that booting from the XP CD into the Repair Console and using the FIXMBR command will also fix it (or maybe even FIXBOOT). :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Okay, thanks for the info.:)

Thread Information