Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System crashed bad after using the Windows XP registery hack

I downloaded both of those you recommended, PersianImmortal. Then I scanned with The Cleaner. It found 0 trojans, but after it was done scanning, it said it came across a couple problems while performing the scan. I clicked on details, and got this message.
    FILE: C:\hiberfil.sys

PROBLEM: I could not scan this file. Error Code 32: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

SOLUTION: A common reason for this error is that Windows has locked the file for
    SOLUTION: exclusive access. A swap file is a common example. Also, an antivirus
    SOLUTION: program might be denying access to the file. In that case, you can
    SOLUTION: temporarily disable the anti-virus to clean the trojan.

FILE: C:\pagefile.sys

PROBLEM: I could not scan this file. Error Code 32: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

SOLUTION: A common reason for this error is that Windows has locked the file for
    SOLUTION: exclusive access. A swap file is a common example. Also, an antivirus
    SOLUTION: program might be denying access to the file. In that case, you can
    SOLUTION: temporarily disable the anti-virus to clean the trojan.

But I just want to clarify one thing, my computer isnt exactly crippled. I wouldn't even know anything was wrong if I was going to judge by computer performance alone. I only had that boot-up problem that was a MAJOR scare, and that Malicious script message when trying to do a system test. Other than that, my programs are working fine, and I really don't know what the malicious script will effect, if anything. Do you have an idea of what could be the conciquences if I never find a solution ?

The two .sys files the Cleaner can't scan are system files which are fine.

I just looked at the sites which brought up your "malicious script" warning and it's actually nothing to worry about.

The sites are trying to run a Java-based script, and depending on your Internet Explorer security settings you may get a warning telling you a java script could be "malicious" when it's not. It's just a standard security warning based on your level of IE security and settings. The scripts on those sites should be completely safe to run.

I personally wouldn't use those sites to test my system performance. Use the benchmarking tools I refer to in my WinXP and System Optimization Guide. Also follow the advice in those guides and your system should be almost fully optimized.

Then just enjoy your system...sounds like it's already working fine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information