Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Symantic dll problem

I recently uninstalled NAV and installed Dr Web as my antivirus protection. The following error pops up when runing certain programs have uninstalled various programs cleaned the reg. and reinstalled and seems nothing works.
    Does anyone know what this is.....do i need it if i don't have NAV and if i do where do i get it.

any help would be apreciated :

C:\PROGRA~1|Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Virtuale Device Driver failed DLL initialization Choose close to terminate the application
    "You can achieve in your life anything that you really set your mind to! That is not to say that things will always be easy, but you can achieve whatever you really desire to attain."

Jeff Gordon, from his fan club Q&A:

Go to Start>Run and type "MSconfig" (without quotes).

Now go to the Startup tab and untick anything loading from the Symantec or NortonAntivirus folders, as that .dll only relates to NAV and other Symantec products.

After that delete the Program Files\Symantec and Program Files\NortonAntivirus folders and their contents because if you're not using NAV they're not needed.

I found the key and still having prob. every time I try to defrag i get the dreaded blue screen of death,,,,,,,,,; tried to use diferent defrag engines and still no help hope i dont have reformat :(
    "You can achieve in your life anything that you really set your mind to! That is not to say that things will always be easy, but you can achieve whatever you really desire to attain."

Not sure if you need it now but I found a dl of your missing .dll. Here is the link...

http://www.donker.ws/dll/dlls.html

(Dunno if this is a trust worthy site, but its a site with it on there)

This link is now dead but I did find the file from that search thnks a lot..

Thread Information