Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installation problem :[

Hey im trying to install an os on my other computer and its not working to well. I have tried both win2k, winxp and win98 and they wont work. After its done loading all the setup files when its on that blue screen,it says Setup is Starting Windows, but it just stays like that and doesnt do anything. I unplugged the hdd and tried to run the setup again and this time it got past the Setup is Starting Windows part so i plugged the hdd back in and then it says cant detect hdd. Ive used diff hard drives also.Anyone have any clue whats wrong? Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :)

system specs are:
    AMD AthlonXP 2100+
    256mb ddr
    MSI KT4V
    80 gig Maxtor 7200rpm
    geforce 4 ti4200 128ddr

try these - MSKB article 234772 & 217073

You've got 1 HDD and you removed it before installing windows:confused:

Make sure the HDD is detected properly in the BIOS, while you are in there make sure that Plug And Play OS is enabled.

Some system configurations can take a while to detect hardware, if Ctrl + Alt + Del will restart the system it is not actually hung.

Is this a new system you are putting together, or are you doing a clean install on a system that was working before?

Is the HDD partitioned and formatted properly?

Well, a nice little list for you, Good Luck!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Have ya also changed the IDE cable? :?:

Hi, I think I have the same trouble as Brades. I tried to install Windows XP Pro on my computer. It gets through the copying of the files and etc. Its restarts and says something along the lines of 'Setup is starting Windows'. The progess bar finishes and then it goes to 'Please wait...'. Well, I waited. But, for about a day or so. It just freezes at that screen. I tried find drivers for my cd-rom and see if thats it but the company's website was down. If anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem is please help. Here is what I have that might be causing the problems:

MSI K7T Turbo2 Motherboard
    Hi-Val 56x CD-ROM
    Western Digital HDD 20 GB 5400
    160 MB of SDRAM....(1x128 and 1x32)

I'm thinking its the 32 MB of ram that is doing this to me. But if you know what is the problem please help. Thanks.

I also had the same problem, but after unplugging all of my pci devices, it installed fine.: peace:

Yes bdw8 that stick won't help and the other by itself (or w/ the 32MB stick) isn't really anywhere near enough for XP. Ya need a minimum of 256MB but 512MB is the optimum amount. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Alright I'll try taking it out....then I will try the removal-of-all-pci-cards. thanks!

bdw8. I was wondering if your problem was fixed? I hope it was!:laugh:

Sorry for not posting a result...but it didn't work for me. I tried taking out all pci cards, then taking out ram, then moving the ram, and then all at once, but it didn't work. I don't know what the problem is...thanks for your help, and if you know of anything that may help I would definately appreciate it!

Do you think it could be a hardware compatibility issue? Here are some of the specs... ATI Radeon 7000 agp, Older Ensonique sound card, Hi-Val CD-ROM, WD HD 20gb, D-Link 10/100 NIC, MSI K7T Turbo2 Motherboard, and 128mb of ram (haha). I don't think the RAM is the problem for right now because it says the minimum is 64mb, so I'm not sure what the issue is. This may be a stupid question but could it be that it needs drivers pre-installed prior to installation of the os? Dunno...Thanks for your help though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information