Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: win 98SE

I was wanting some input on why, I might not be able to do a scan disk or defrag on a 98SE system. I was asked to look at a computer for someone I go to church with. The company they bought it from skipped town. I went to Seagate site and ran all there diagnostic test on the hard drive it all checked out good. They also said there was a window that popped up backdoor. I have built a couple of computers myself but never had any prolbem like this. I suggested they back up there info they want and let me us killdisk program and let me redo their computer. Would any one else have an input for me thanks.

Thanks
    Mark

Have ya tried doin' it in Safe Mode? If not give it a go and if that doesn't work ya should get an error as to why it won't do it and tell us what that error reads exactly (no matter how long it is). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Have U checked to see that both progs have been installed onto system,if not install from add/remove progs(requires 98SE disk)

Thread Information