Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: multi boot

hey i was wondering if i am running a multi boot of windows 98se and windows xp pro with fat 32 on 98 and ntsf on xp... lets say that i have a swap drive and i have that in ntsf format will i be able to save files from 98 on there and will they be in fat32 or ntsf format...

Well first off, Win 98 cant read NTFS drives. So you'd pretty much be SOL if you tried storing everything on the NTFS partition.. Might consider storing your games, apps and non-system files on a Fat32 partition, and letting Xp's NTFS partition read them from there. That way everything is in the middle, accessible by both OS's.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

NT File System...

NTFS not NTSF
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Yeah yeah.. had a brain fart!

Didnt catch that one when I was going over it, I guess.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

w2k/winXP requires the drive that the pagefile sits on must be formatted as NTFS, win98 just wants a file to look at, there is a utility available that you can PURCHASE that enables a user to mount an NTFS volume under windows 9X. I have used it, well, the free demo (read-only) to recover an NTFS system's data, a very handy util...

i think the full ver aint too dear, i give my brain a shot and AFAIK the site to visit is: www.winternals.com

IMHO, u r better off keeping the two OS's separate and the idea of the shared data drive is a must have. I even do this when dualling 2k/xp/2ks
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information