I currently have a desktop computer with a Asus A7VN8X motherboard. This motherboard has dual LAN. I have one plugged into my Optus cable modem and the other to my laptop. I can share the internet through ICS and I could at one stage also browse the networks shared drives on both compters.

For some reason though this has ceased to function. Whilst the laptop can still share the desktops internet connection ( ie I can browse the net from the laptop) neither computer can see each others hard drives (which are shared of course). The ICS firewall is turned off. I have run the network setup wiazrd to no avail.

I have replaced the laptop with another desktop and everything worked perfectly. I tend to think it is the laptops problem somewhere but what? I installed SP1 and all updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network card (PCMIA) drivers on the laptop.

Any ideas? Any diagnostic software available that might help? Any help?

When I change domain settings and things everything changes correctly. The laptop can see the domains and the computer name comes up. But try to browse the drives and it gives message:

"MSHOME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. the network path was not found."

Of course I am the administrator and I don't know how to fix this one.

Anyway thanks in advance for any advice.

Yossarian