Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Product ID

Is it possible to obtain the product key using a Product ID :confused:

Prior to speculation what I actually meant was:

I have lost my Product Key and I was wondering if I could obtain it from my Product ID, so this was a perfectly legitimate question and I am keeping within forum rules.

I don't understand the question (and keep in my forum rules about providing/asking for product keys).

Your Product Key comes with your Windows CD. You cannot "obtain" it with your product ID. If you've lost it contact MS and they'll discuss how you can get it. If you want a product key or ID on this forum, it's against the rules. Check out the many EXISTING threads on this topic here if you want more information about what is and isn't possible.

hey PI you got a bit hyper buddy...
    the poor guy wants to know that is there any way to know wats the hash value that he will get in his registry when he inserts a product key in his Win XP installation. He just couldn't put it in a right way...:thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information