Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Delayed Error Failure Popups

I just did an XP tweak guide, from reformat to relax. And i get these small popups. THey keep on telling that something failed to start blah blah. Anyone has a clue how to disable them?

Maybe you could be a little more specific - screenshots would help.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Lol thnx, after like 30 popups they went away.

AAAH NM they keep popping. This is what i get. They come at random times. Very strange

That sounds like a strange one. It's not directly caused by the tweak guide, but here's what I found out about it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330174

It seems that on your particular system, when you choose "enable write caching on the disk" in System>Hardware>Device Manager>[Hard drive properties] that this can cause this problem.

Now almost everyone has this option enabled, as it's very necessary for maximum hard drive performance. In your case however it's causing problems.

The article I link to mentions the solutions, but in my mind the main solutions you can try (before turning this feature off) is to make sure you're using 80-pin cable on your harddrive as suggested, and also to make sure you've used Windows Update and in particular installed all the critical updates, and I recall there's one update which relates to fixing problems with write caching.

Try these suggestions and the problem will be fixed, but I'm not sure why it's occuring in the first place.

Heh, its alright ill format anyhow. I got a new video card and i been messing alot lately with video cards. i had like 5 different video cards in my computer past 2 weeks so i want to get a clean setup. Btw. Its not hardware related at all i think it might be something with services but ill be very careful now with services.

It has nothing to do with your video card or services. Please read the link I provide above, it explains precisely why this occurs. A reformat may fix it, but if it doesn't you'll have to follow the remedial procedures in that link.

I got the same errors after using the tweaks as well. I had to reformat and reinstall to get things back to normal.

Thread Information