Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do create IRQ Priority

I read the XP guide from reformat to relax. Its a bit confusing so can anyone tell me what to do exactly. THnx

Well I don't really know what system you have got, and what you really want to do, but if it's just IRQ priorties, all I can say is that your motherboard should set them automatically, and you shouldn't really need to worry about it, but if you're having problems with it, usually the highest priority PCI slot is the one nearest to the AGP slot, or you it's not an AGP board, the CPU, as you go outwards from your AGP slot/CPU, the priority gets lower.

I have mine set so that my soundcard is as near as possible to the AGP slot (because I have PCI slot fans, it's impossible to put it right next to it) and my network card next to it.

I hope this helps, but a little more info would make it easier for me and you. ;)

WOuld it work if i put like my Video Card priority highest like would this improve performance?

Are you using a PCI graphics card? Because if you are, put the graphics card at the highest PCI slot proitiy (the slot nearest to the CPU usually) If not, and it's an AGP card, don't worry about it too much.

Plus, it will improve performance on graphics demanding games.

He's talking about the IRQ8Priority=1 tweak in my guide. As I say in the guide, set the IRQ priority for the System CMOS/Real Time clock for best overall performance. Use Device Manager to see which IRQ that device is on, it's usually IRQ 8.

This tweak may not have any noticeable performance improvement, I've included it in my guide for completeness only.

That tweak does work PI but in my case it worked exceptionally well till i used BootVis from M$. now that tweak doesn't work. Don't know wat went wrong...:?:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Where is this XP Tweak guide then? :confused:

ThanX mate :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    That tweak does work PI but in my case it worked exceptionally well till i used BootVis from M$. now that tweak doesn't work. Don't know wat went wrong...:?:
    I'm not sure why Bootvis would have anything to do with the IRQ priority tweak. All Bootvis is arrange stuff on your hard drive for fastest boot up!

To "undo" bootvis to a large extent, go to "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch" and delete the contents, in particular the layout.ini file. Then run defrag. Not that this will make any difference to the IRQ tweak ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information