Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WinAMP or Windows MediaPlayer 9

i keep it to that thing only too...and they way it behaves sometimes...i feel that something is fishy abt music match.
    why does it have to try and connect to internet every time it starts...completely out of my mind...
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I got that fixed but I'm really not sure how I did it. :?:

Maybe as it's an isolated program now. :D

The nature of the internet is, surprisingly- still information. Its the reasons sites like this exist. Users read about something, they form an opinion about it based on user emotion and feedback and they go ahead and invest their time & money in it.

Personally, im just an old-fashoined perfectionist. I wont settle for second-rate software when all it takes is a minute of my time and I have the absolute best software solution waiting for me to test it. For those reasons, I suggest other programs for watching video, which Windows Media Player has never really done better than freeware media players anyway. But hey, it comes with the operating system, which makes it 'most popular' by default, who would even notice there are dozens of better programs out there? Certainly not Joe Average.

Unless you use WMA files or the WMP9 video codecs, theres little argument about WMP9's worth as a player. With the popularity of MP3, and the nature of Divx, very few people currently DO use WMP9 codecs. Why they get the player in the first place boggles the mind. MS provide the codecs seperatly. For a reason too.

As a matter of interest, I use ZoomPlayer for playing back digital content on a variety of displays I have around the house, its functionality and broad range of options for users with TV-OUT chipsets on their video cards (hardly a feature you can aviod these days) beats WMP9 hands down in every scenario possible.

For ripping audio, EAC & LAME do the job, else OGG. WinAmp Classic plays them back to me with a snappy interface im used to and with 0 fuss/security issues.

I haven't tried WMP9 - usually I hold out on such things until it becomes a neccesity for a particular file.

Anybody know what API that uses for MP3 playback:?: As in, DirectSound or DirectShow?

90+ of the time for MP3's I use WinAmp. If I really want to hear quality I fire up MAGIX playR jukebox. The interface isn't too pleasant but the sound quality is terrific. Kind of a beast to use actually till you get playlists all set.
    http://usa.magix.com/index.php?428

I rather like the WMA format, but stick to the MP3s because of it's widespread use.
    Just keeps things simple not having to switch players to switch songs.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Personally, im just an old-fashoined perfectionist. I wont settle for second-rate software when all it takes is a minute of my time and I have the absolute best software solution waiting for me to test it. For those reasons, I suggest other programs for watching video, which Windows Media Player has never really done better than freeware media players anyway. But hey, it comes with the operating system, which makes it 'most popular' by default, who would even notice there are dozens of better programs out there? Certainly not Joe Average.
    Hey, I can respect the fact that you want to use the best, and not just the cheapest, or most readily available software. I'm the same. What I'm arguing is that WMP9 can be considered one of the best, for good quality, ease and compatibility of audio and video playback, as well as a good GUI and all the features I'm looking for like a graphic equalizer and the way it minimizes conveniently for easy access without blocking my view.

So to repeat, in my opinion WMP9 is one of the best players out there. I didn't use WMP before, but with this latest version I would contend it is one of the best. Just because it is from MS doesn't mean it's bad or poor quality. Quite the opposite.

But that's just my opinion. Everyone needs to make the judgement for themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information