Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows XP SP1 Updating Tips n Tricks Question

Hi,

I just recently read Windows XP SP1 Updating Tips n Tricks by Cameron Wilmot on how to upgrade to SP1 and using that serial thing.

I have a slightly different setup then that. I was hoping someone here could provide some insight and some feedback.

Basically, I have a WIN XP PRO CD that had the SP1 pack within it, during installation, it prompted me for a CDKEY before installing, and I entered in a few and they didnt work until one did.

I installed WIN XP PRO SP1 all fine and dandy and when its finished, I have the "Service Pack 1" displayed in my My Computer Properties under System.

My problem, well now its time to activate windows, and I tried the generator program and tried about 20 serials and none of them work. Now here is where my situation is different from what Cameron Wilmot wrote.

His articale explained how to upgrade TO SP1.... but what if you already have SP1 installed and now you just want to activate windows? Do I keep on trying to plug in serial after serial or ?

Thanks for any feedback..!

gw

Hi, we've got a sticky on this topic at the top of the forum. Please refer to that for our policy on such threads. Hope you understand.

Thread closed.

Thread Information