Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quicktime codecs for media player?

Does anyone know if codecs are availible to play apple quicktime encoded files on win media player? I'm not a big fan of the quicktime player :rolleyes:

Cheers

Joey

As far as I am aware, they don't exist at all. I can assure you that they won't be brought out by Microsoft. These two companies are both on the large size and neither have any real intentions of sharing their copywrited CODEC information.

I'm in the same boat that you are in... I dislike the QuickTime player as well (much too intrusive for my taste), but I still have to have the blasted thing installed so that I can play .mov files. :(
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeps.. just today adobe pagemaker installer attempted to install QT as part of the install.. and I remembered how much I dislike it... I have a few .movs that I'd like to be able to view.

I've been searching for a codec for a while to no avail.
    I didn't think to look at microsoft - actually its interesting that WMP still tries to download codecs and fails every time. I don't think MS carry any codecs anymore do they?

As much as I dislike quicktime. THere are many things that I don't even think wmp is capable of! Such as http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/imag...a/qtvr_int.mov

But anyway as much as I disklike quicktime. I really REALLY hate realplayer. And there are so many things that are on the web that require realplayer.....I wish I would be able to say "Real isn't aloud on my computer"

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    But anyway as much as I disklike quicktime. I really REALLY hate realplayer. And there are so many things that are on the web that require realplayer.....I wish I would be able to say "Real isn't aloud on my computer"
    I say it all the time no real player on my PCs.. although you can sort of neuter the real one gold v2 player by installing it. disabling the tkbell amd any real items from startup and renaming or deleting the following files:

they are all in c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\

REALEVENT.EXE
    REALSCHED.EXE
    RNATHCHK.EXE

Well I don't have the real one player because I personally don't like the looks of it lol. I have the original real player. And ya nothing is in start up and nothing comes up at all. It just opens whenever one of its stupid files are there.

do't like Real Player and refuse to insall it

NOT having real player has never been a problem
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

:p

Haha yeah I feel the same way. I dislike all the crap it comes with and tries to run in the background, and I really object to the dude with the hideous southern accent who emits a large bout of verbal diarrhoea upon start-up.
    I tried real-one and found it unbearable, though realplayer 8 is reasonable once it's de-crapped and running in miniature mode.

Yeah, disable all the **** that sticks on the comp like glue!

For example the freakin' startcenter that is on by default in
    realgayer :shoot2:

who ever made that up is ****in' perverted in my opinion!

Who da hell wants the smelly crap anyway!? :scream:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I actually found a cure for these woes! TMPEG has a plugin that will convert .mov to .mpg (VCD MPEG1) you can then recompress with VirtualDub. The process can be quite slow. I also found a program called "Bink and Smacker" from www.radgametools.com works wonders and it will compress direct to any codec installed on your system! As far as real junk player I have version 8. Still hate it, but I need it to convert .ra and .ram files to .avi using TINRA from www.divx-digest.com. Hope these help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information