Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct3D help!

Every time I try to play Unreal tournament 2003, It tells me I should enable Direct3D. So I go to dxdiag and it tells me that its not available, ok, so I go to my vid. card properties and It seems to be working fine in there. I have emailed video card (currently I have a radeon 7500) manufactures and got no reply
    And have done the same with the game company and they all tell me to upgrade my drivers. I am pretty sure they are upgraded to the fullest, I upgraded them like a week ago. This is very aggrevating, please help me! If you know anything I can do, then please post back!

Thanx
    -Lawton

:cheers:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

Not sure how you "disabled" Direct3D (D3D) as it's very difficult to do. Almost every game depends on it. Anyway go to DXDiag and under the DirectX Files tab see if any problem are indicated. Report them here.

Then go to the Display tab and make sure all the buttons after DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture acceleration say "Disable" (meaning they're currently enabled). If not, click on them to enable them. Then test directdraw and direct3d using the buttons.

If that fails, download DirectX9.0 from Microsoft and install that, as maybe your DirectX installation is corrupted.

Thanx, I checked the files tab and it said no problems found. I can use Direct draw, but it says Direct3D is "Not available" I am currently using Direct x 9.0

please help!

-Lawton

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

Have you tried rebooting and reinstalling DirectX9.0?

If that doesn't work, there's a directX9.0 uninstaller (link in my System OPtimization Guide). Try that then reinstall DX9.0.

It just sounds like file corruption of some kind.

Another thing to try is to turn off your PC, remove your graphics card, and put it back in the slot. Then reboot and windows should redetect it and try to set it up again.

BTW in the short term, if you still want to play UT2003, set it to OpenGL - instructions in my UT2003 guide.

thanx, Ill check out your guide and post what happens.

-Lawton

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

I have tried everything excepy uninstalling direct x(I dont have the windows cd). I have taken out my video card and done everything else. please help!

Thanx
    -Lawton

= :shoot3: = :snip: =
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

uhh..

Is it even possible to disable DX? Well, I invoke the rule of the three Fs.

**** it, format it, forget it.
    Work in progress..
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (@1.72ghz higher soon..)
    Gigabyte GA7VAXP (VIA KT400)
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX420 (too broke to replace it with a real card)

Yes, hmmm....not sure if I'd put it that way, but just reformat and reinstall. DirectX is an integral component of Windows. If you can't get enabled the normal way through DXDiag or by reinstalling it then a reformat is the only other method.

If you don't have the Windows CD, that's another matter...and it's kind of difficult for me to feel sorry for you

lol.

It's the only way to put it :D

No windows CD..Well, you can download (not giving any sources, nor do I condone it.) windows and burn it. But, I don't know man, I've never dealt with such a problem, and if I have, I would have just formatted, DX latches onto windows like a leech, and unless you have a newer version, it isnt going anywhere. But..I'll try to be constructive.

Have you in any way made any modifications or have tweaked your D3D or even open GL settings, via video performance utility, or some other sort of tweak utility?

When did this problem manifiest itself? After installing D3D 9? There might have been something you've done. Personally, I only install D3D because I have to.. GLide is much better, I wish people would utilize it more.

I like this place already, challenges.
    Work in progress..
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (@1.72ghz higher soon..)
    Gigabyte GA7VAXP (VIA KT400)
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX420 (too broke to replace it with a real card)

I have messed with the setting in advanced display propertais, but whenever I go back into the properteis, what ever I have changed is set back to defaults:cry: I do own a legal copy of win xp, for some reason though, I dont think I have the disk. I can look though. Thanx for all the help though. I am a little scared to format because I dont know how to set up cable internet.

thanx

-Lawton

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information