Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP Crash At Welcome Screen

I'm having a problem on my new system. Everything was fine last night when I shut the computer down and I've had no previous problems. I've changed nothing on my system since last week, and that was installing Visual Studio.net. The system is not overclocked. Everything looks find until it gets to the Windows is Starting Up screen then there is a single beep and it goes no further. I've tried Safe Mode and Last Known Good Hardward mode and I get the same results on both. Any ideas?

Well, I unplugged my USB hub and restarted and it booted. I don't know what that means. I only have two things hooked into the hub and those have been hooked up all along. The single beep was an error telling me that my login and pass was incorrect. I had set it to automatically log me in using the XP Tutorial here but I guess I didn't give it th right log in and pass. But, the error message didn't show up before, only the beep.

Thread Information