Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DMA -Settings not visible???

ok, if you built the pc yourself, you may need to only install (& connecting) one drive eg the cd-rom, then install all the drivers except the DVD driver and box. once this is working, try connecting up the dvd player, and then use the cd-rom player to load the device driver for the dvd player.
    we had to do something similar when I got a CDRW installed in addition to the CDR. if you try and do both at the same time the setup gets confused, poor thing.

That sounds like a good idea. Also check that the cd and dvd drive are on the same ide cable.:devil: It might make a difference
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

But there isnīt any specific drivers to the DVD/CD-drive and Hard disk. (or are there?) I think all the drivers came with the Win XP. :(

Sounds like you have the good old 3 in 1. Did you build your computer yourself. If you did install the seperate drivers for the 3 components rather than the 3 in 1. That might help as i have experienced some slow performance with the 3 in 1.:devil:

Did ya load the nForce and nVida USB drivers straight after the XP install? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I donīt quite understand that. Isnīt it right, that windows contains the DVD/CD-drives drivers! How can i install the drivers separately if they are included to the windows? Do i need to install the drivers on the windows installing CD (thatīs the only place where the drivers can be), or are the drivers included to the nVidia nForce 2 driver package? (unlikely) :confused:

...Yes, I installed all the drivers immediately after the Window installation.

No no go to each components manufatcurers web site and download that latest drivers. The 3 in 1 drivers come with windows

...And yes, i have build the computer mysielf...sorry, forgot earlier :hammer:

Oh, i see...! Iīll have to do so tomorrow, but now iīll have to go to sleep! (the time is 11.25 PM here in Finland)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information