Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DMA -Settings not visible???

Hi! Do you think updating the BIOS would help to get the DMA settings visible? (not visible at the moment). I only have the "nVidia nForce IDE/ATAPI controller" visible, no PRIMARY and SECONDARY ide controllers. This is very weird thing and no one seems to know the solution for that.

My hardware information below :confused: :confused:

Does anyone know why the DMA -settings are not visible in my Win XP Pro Device manager or any other place (including BIOS)? My computer is about few months old, so DMA -settings should work without problems...right!

I have been asking this thing about a month in the web, but no one has been able to help me. Till now i havenīt found anything that could cause that "problem". :confused: :bounce2:

Just go to device manager and click the icon that has IDE next to it. Then go onto primary IDE and you should turn DMA on. You should turn on DMA on secondry as well.:devil:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

...I would be glad to do that, but my "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller" only contains the "NVIDIA nForce IDE Controller", no Primary and Secondaty IDE Controllers. The "NVIDIA nForce IDE Controller" does not contain DMA -settings!!! :(

Well now i see your problem. Considering you system is relatively knew DMA should be enabled as standerd settings. Theres no reason to worry unless there is a problem with your hardware(i.e. slow hard drive):cheers:

This "problem" ocurred me, when i run the "ATI Multimedia Center" "System compatibility check for DVD-playing".

Test conclusion: Bad ATI DVD performance in this system; WARNINGS:

DMA may not be enabled for DVD-drive

DMA may not be enabled for CD-drive

DMA may not be enabled for Hard disk

my system also didnīt pass the "Memory reading bandwitch" and "Memory writing bandwitch". I think i have enough memory so that shouldnīt cause that problem. ;)

I see your problem. Have you tried contacting the manufatcurers??? Maybe they could help you as most computers i have come across have dma under the IDE section of device manager.:devil:

ok, mebbe a stupid question, but are you absolutely sure you've installed all your device drivers?!

Not to me it don't. :laugh:

I think i have installed everything. I have contacted ASUS support, but they havenīt replied yet. Is the "malfunction" (or what ever) most probably caused by the motherboard? What do you think?

Everything else in my computer is working fine. :rolleyes: :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information