Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: (Send to) Hangs momentarly

When I right click on an Icon in Windows XP and scroll down the list my mouse pointer will sometimes hang for about 4 seconds when I go by the (send to) option. This is very irritating when it happens. I reformatted thinking that would take care of the problem but it didn't. I first started to notice this when I added a DVD burner on this system last Fall. Is there any known tweak for Windows XP Professional that can help fix this?

Okay the reason the computer hangs is beacause the system checks for all available drives to send something to:floppy,dvd,cd etc. You might be able to change the way windows checks the drives in the system options. sorry i can't be of more help.
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

this error should be fixed by the following program
    TweakNow PowerPack 2003

it works to me.

the way to do it is disable the " SENT TO " function!:flames:

in addition, i never ever use "sent to" function to copy documents or anything else:smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnHeArT
    in addition, i never ever use "sent to" function to copy documents or anything else:smokin:
    I don't either but sometimes its hard to get the mouse pointer to avoid scolling over it while going down the list.
    Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

You can delete the items in the "Send To" folder by going to Explorer and looking under the Documents and Settings\[username]\Send To folder and deleting whichever shortcuts to devices you don't need.

I recommend getting rid of "3 1/2 Floppy" for example, as well as any network drives or folders which you don't use (and are obviously taking a while for XP to confirm their presence).

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    You can delete the items in the "Send To" folder by going to Explorer and looking under the Documents and Settings\[username]\Send To folder and deleting whichever shortcuts to devices you don't need.

I recommend getting rid of "3 1/2 Floppy" for example, as well as any network drives or folders which you don't use (and are obviously taking a while for XP to confirm their presence).

Good advice. Infact thats what I did, I got rid of the whole group with the program LiOnHeArT recommended.
    I wish I knew why my system is having trouble confirming the presence of this stuff. Sometimes it seems to lag alittle when I go to the program menu under the START button, I have no problems running programs though.
    I have an almost identical system to the one I'm talking about that doesn't do this crazy stuff. I can't figure it out, I think it has something to do with changing one of my CD Rom drives from a CD writer to a DVD writer, like I mentioned above. Maybe I'll try plugging it into the other system and see if it will also lag becuase of it.

Thread Information