Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How ften ur guys format ur HD

I do it monthly because i installed and removed a lot of program every single day, so the computer gets mess.

is there any bad for the computer i format in advance monthly?

p.s. I do ghost every time, just feel like reinstall is more clean and clear than ghost, isnt it?

:hammer:

thanks for those info above, also it is scared me deeply.:snip:

about the defragment i have some questions, do i need to do it every a couple of week or once two month.:confused:
    :confused:
    thanks for ur help again,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :snip: :confused:

Defragment as often as necessary. That means whenever you install/uninstall or create/delete any large files or programs you should run defrag. For example, each time you install a new program or game, run defrag afterwards to make sure it runs smoothly the next time you start it up.

And you don't need to reformat your drive so often. The last time I reformatted/reinstalled was 8 months ago. Use my first XP guide for a series of things you can do regularly to keep your system clean and well maintained.

I format at little as possible because it takes too long to get back up and running - or maybe I'm just lazy... :?:
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    I format at little as possible because it takes too long to get back up and running - or maybe I'm just lazy... :?:
    Yes Mr.Tweak you are lazy...:p
    Just kidding...: peace2:
    well I formatted my HD today after 8 months of tweaks, tricks, POS softwares and a bad logonui.exe
    There was no need to format even today if i had shown some sense while playing with my logon screens...
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information