Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 2 Windows XP\IE questions.

How do you turn ON\OFF the addresses being stored under the address bar in Internet Explorer?

How do you turn ON\OFF the feature that memorizes logins and passwords after you type the first letter of the login when using Internet Explorer?

The first one is called History, and you need to go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General and set 'Days to keep pages in History' to 0.

The second one is called Autocomplete, and you need to go to options again as above, but go to the Content tab and click the Autocomplete button for more options.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    The first one is called History, and you need to go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General and set 'Days to keep pages in History' to 0.

The second one is called Autocomplete, and you need to go to options again as above, but go to the Content tab and click the Autocomplete button for more options.

Thanks for the info.

On my first question I'm trying to set it to store History. By defualt its set for 20 days but for some reason its not storing any history. It might be some tweak or setting I messed up when I reformatted. Any idea what this could be?

Thread Information