Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Partition can it be done under xp ??

Hi I need to backup my 20g HHd on my 40g HDD the 20g has 2partitions I can make as many partitions I wanna but it doesnt wanna work for my 40g I need to take at least 5g from it for windows and the rest 35g for backup is there a program in Windows Xp Pro.. ???? Which can do it because I tryed it in Dos when boot from cd in the blue screen but doesnt work that way I dont know why ???

Thanks for ya HELP :thumb:
    .oOo.:VOlcOm:.oOo.

2. Default

what brand of HD's do you have? Go to there website and check the tools section. Look for a program that can controll your HD i.e format partions etc. Depending on what kind of HD you have you should be able to partion it the way you want. Im sure there are other ways but in the past this is what has worked for me. Why dont you just use one partion on your 40gig and put the 2 partions of your 20gig on to that one, besides I have read that partioning your HD slows its performance.
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

Hey thanks for your reply so quick!:thumb:

Because Im selling my old setup whit 20g and I am bulding a new one so if I have all my backup on 1 partition it would get lost because I need to reistall Windows later of the new motherbors and staff u know!!:thumb:

you can either use fdisk or the winxp cd itself to create and format partions. It dosn't matter what kind of HDD you have, you partition it. If you feel like spending some money, I would recomend Partition Magic, it will let you activly change partitions from within windows. There is also Disk Managment within WinXP that will allow you to work with your HDDs lettering, partitions, and formating (but it will not allow you to change any boot or system partitions)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I tryed to run fdisk from start-RUN but it doesnt work !!!:mad:

So Iam not sure because whene I do it on start up it wont let me

XP setup what you want to do with the unmounted partition it just doesnt let me do it :mad: :rolleyes:

6. Default

If you couldnt find a program off your manufactures site try this Ive never used it but it should work.
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

Got it working just reistalled Win xp cheers thanks for the help :thumb: :cheers: : party ha

Thread Information