Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XP Physical Memory Alert

I was wondering if anyone here could help me , Im running a p4 2.4b with a gig of ram, 2x 80gighd, asus p4s8x etc and am using it for audio mainly, Cubase sx etc

but i'm getting blue screen wipeouts with the message

physical memory dumping to disc

This doesnt start happening till Ive been working for a while then gets progressively worse

help, what is going on?:wow:
    it all meets in the middle

What you are experiencing is a BSOD...blue screen of death.
    It usually happens due to some bad driver install, or some other conflict thats not allowing windows to access the resources pretty well.
    What is the latest Hardware change, driver change or software install/unisntall that you did?
    Go to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer
    Look for entries with "Red" cross against them in right pane when you click on "System" and "Application" in left pane.
    Double click on all the latest entries and see the description of the error that it provides. Post the errors out here, that you think might be doing it. The ones under "System" are much more important.
    Go to Device Manager, Control Panel --> System. Click on Hardware tab and then click on device manager. Look for any device with a yellow coloured quetion mark against it. If you find one, its a device with driver problems. Try reinstalling it drivers.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Cheers asklepios

I dont thibnk there are any IRQ problems I have been having those yellow alerts in the device manager but have settled them, however.....in the event log,

Yeah from memory (mine!) the last ones have been mentioning that Hard Drive2 is not ready for digital audio, this is confusing as the two hd's in the ,mobo are numdered 0 and 1 (?) I think, but the e drive is the audio drive in the 2nd slot (c-system/d-vision drives are partions, so ....

There is also another event message that comes up but I cant remeber right now what it is...

I have just reformated using xp and the last hardware device was The M-Audio delta 410, I have the 27's as the drivers , have tried the 29's and the latest Beta but the 27's are the stable ones.

I have also got the Nividia Ti 4200 and have settled on the 41.07 drivers as these are most stable.

But.... I have just installed the NI B4/ Louinge Lizard vst plugs and a load of others, I dont know if this could make a difference?

What you reckon?

Go to your system properties again...
    then Advanced Tab...in the "Start up and Recovery" click on "Settings".
    Under "System Failure" uncheck the boxes that say "Write an event to the system log", "Send an administrative alert" and "Automatically Restart" and under "Write debugging information" chose "none". Click ok and come out of the system properties.
    Now whenever you will get the blue screen you will get enough time to note the error down. Check the error and post it. Another thing is that post the errors that are being logged in your "event viewer". Check your "event viewer" as explained earlier.
    Do tell us since how long have you been facing this probs!
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Hi asklepios ta mate

Ive got the event log here,

Errors
    source Service Control Manager
    The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
    The authentication service is unknown.

source disc
    The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, is not ready for access yet.

Source disk
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
    The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xf8c4d8f4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf7064103).
    A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Source

Information
    The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, is not ready for access yet.

source Save Dump
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
    The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf826ce2, 0xba923b74, 0x00000000).
    A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Source red book
    This drive has not been shown to support digital audio playback.

Warning
    source disk
    The driver disabled the write cache on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.
    (only once)

Device Manager

ok

I hope this makes some sense to you, will ccheck the system stuff you mention and see how this works, things seem to be getting a touch better,

peace and chips

I have not found much help for you but you can do two things...firstly scan your memory (RAM) for any errors. You can use MemTest86 to do it.
    Its a nice command line tool and you will need to make a bootable floppy with the help of this tool. Check your memory for any errors cos the scan done by windows is not very thorough.
    The feeling that I am getting by reading those error messages is that something is wrong with your HD...:(
    Visit your HD maker's site and download its relevant diagnostic utility to check that the health of your HD is fine. If you get the blue screen again, note down the error this time and it might be of a bit more help.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Well asklepios are digipathic?

you must have read the BScreen cause after making your tweaks last night I was editing audio and using media rack as player, the player crashed three times , the evnt log stating that the IPSEC services service was terminated, then it blue screened with the message that I should use ythe system diagnostic utilities to run a memory check, and indicated the possibilty of faulty/mismatched memory

Stop: 0x0000007f (0x00000008, ox80042000, ox00000000, ox00000000)

Digging about Ive founf that there is a difference between eu and non-eu memory and the Motherboard p4s8x/lan/1394/sata/gold may need non-ue memory...?

I shall get the utility you reckon, run it and post results tomorrow

cheers for your help, this could be a major breakthrough......:thumb: :thumb:

Well you might be getting that IPSEC service error cos IPSEC service is stopped. You won't be needing this service untill you are on a domain or in other words on a network and these restarts you are getting are certainly not cos of that service. For an average user with a stand-alone PC, that error doesn't mean much so you can simply ignore it.

The error you are getting up there is known as STOP error.
    Your specific type is know as Double Fault.

STOP errors happen when: =
    Either you have a hardware or software problem
    or
    A badly over-clocked system.

Most common causes are: =
    Corrupt Memory (RAM)
    Mismatched memory modules
    A malfunctioning mobo

Double Faults are related to: =
    Bad CPU, RAM, bus on hardware front, and
    Faulty drivers on kernel level.

You can read more from this M$ article.
    As diagnosed by the "System Diagnostic Utility", most probable reason for this problem in your case seems to be bad memory or RAM in other words. As you agree that you've got mis-matched memory modules...then that can be a major reason for all this happening. See what you get from memory test.
    I would advice that just keep one type of RAM on your PC and work on it for sometime and see whether you get the same problem again. If you don't get any more problems then you will have to change your memory to same type of modules.
    Another thing you can do is try going to device manager again and check for any signs in front of the devices mentioned. You did mention that there were some yellow marks and you settled them. I would like you to check them once again. You never know when a driver starts acting funny.

Just as a note...wat did you mean by..."Well asklepios are digipathic?" :?:

:cheers:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Cheers ,

this sounds very likely, will let you know tomorrow, laters

digipathic - the web form of telepathic!:laugh:

Also I should mention this mobo is clean, ie not on the web or networked, I would get the explorer services and netork stuff off it but am not sure how to do this, thats next after I work out whats up .....

it goes on n on n on ....

but we love it!

Later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information