Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows Longhorn Tweaking: From Slow to Stellar

ark4ne I signed up for the Windows Server 2003. It said like 3 full business days. And I did it on a Friday so that might have been what the problem is. Anyways I downloaded it today but don't have a test machine until my father lets me backup his crap and let me install it their. I can't wait till I try it either. I hear that it is really cool. But as soon as I can get it installed I will be setting up a webserver.

thx Silas

There is a new build that MS is very Pissed off about and it is build 4080. I have used it and it looks and works great other than the afore mentioned ie fix. It has a great inerface and does work better than Xp Pro. As for the place to find it well that all depends where to look. Kazaa suck as far as finding stuff that works but alas I can not give out the site that has it cause I keep the site up with new stuff. But maybe if you look hard enough you will find it cause you never get something that works without working for it.

Actually the build is 4008, and that is what I am currently posting from now :O)! It seems better than the last leak, but I don't quite know yet. There are numerous fixes, and the new coding is definetly noticable. Some people are claiming that this Longhorn Alpha Buld 4008 runs ever better than WinXP Pro! Well we will see soon...

As for a new tweak guide maybe I will do one. It doesn't seem to me that many people here at tweaktown are interested in alpha versions. If there are enough people that want me too I might write a new guide. But I have to experiment with this new build...

:afro:

I'm not interested in alpha versions for two reasons:

1. If I write a tweak guide for it, the first thing everyone will ask is: "where do I get the latest alpha?" - we don't promote piracy on Tweaktown so I wouldn't be able to provide them with the answer to that for legal reasons :)

2. Alpha versions are just that...pre pre PRE release copies of software that are rough, bug ridden and unreliable for running as your operating system. They're a novelty to be sure, and a reasonable sign of things to come, but there's no way in hell I'm running an alpha as my OS and relying on it for day-to-day functions (like internet banking, etc.).

Feel free to write/update the tweak guide however, as I'm sure other longhorn alpha users may benefit from it, like this guide.

They are novelties. Toys for the week. Those in the 'scene' know what I am talking about. Use an OS for a week or two, and then ditch it for the next. It becomes like a hobby.

Anyway I think I am officially retiring from writing Alpha guides :O). xbetas.com has an excellent Longhorn Build 4008 guide if any of you are interested! It seems not enough people here at tweaktown are into the releases, so I am retiring :afro: .

Maybe sometime in the future I will write a guide for an actual released microsoft operating system...

It's exactly like Persian said though: "Tweaktown does not endorse piracy." That means in any way shape or form. If you are into the scene good for you. That does not make tweaktown become a source for piracy. Post your download links elsewhere. Talking about where to obtain any illegal material should be done elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Xwave
    There is a new build that MS is very Pissed off about and it is build 4080. I have used it and it looks and works great other than the afore mentioned ie fix. It has a great inerface and does work better than Xp Pro. As for the place to find it well that all depends where to look. Kazaa suck as far as finding stuff that works but alas I can not give out the site that has it cause I keep the site up with new stuff. But maybe if you look hard enough you will find it cause you never get something that works without working for it.
    I really want a copy of it 'cause I always want to try new things. Could you give me the site by email. Tks!

YOU PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT....DO YOU....
    even the last post after i read that your not supposed to ask for people to promote piracy..... asks to promote piracy, im no angel,,,, but i can read,,,,,hey anyone got a link.....lol what a dildo!!! pardon me's french!!

Quote Originally Posted by HareyBawlz
    even the last post after i read that your not supposed to ask for people to promote piracy..... asks to promote piracy, im no angel,,,, but i can read,,,,,hey anyone got a link.....lol what a dildo!!! pardon me's french!!
    Errr wot da hell did u just say:confused: calm down and speak in english we can understand:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    HareyBawlz[/size]]
    You'd be surprised at just how many ppl sign up with M$ as developers (test mice). Not everyone does the wrong thing.

hahaha, Kazaa, legal, hahahahahahaha thats awesome there are still people that think that... hahahhahaha
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information