Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network messageing help?!?!?!?!

Hey, At my school there is obviously a load of comps. networked, and in comp lab some kid sent me a message. I was wondering how to do it. The comps have windows xp proffesional.

Thanx

-Lawton Jenkins

:cheers:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

Most likely your referring to the "net send" command

Just open up ur command prompt and type "net send USERNAME" and ur good to go

To send a workgroup wide message type "net send *" and ur good to go.

Check with your computer lab guidelines before you use it however, there is no way of masking your computers identity when sending a message via net send, and if there are rules or guidlines against net send being used in the labs you should abide by it. We had a few people booted from the course I did last year for abusing net send. Idiots thought the messages were anonymous.

And if you don't want to recieve them at all...we have the solution to that too...:p
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I'd venture to guess that those who got booted weren't ousted for using netsend, but rather for the idiotic content of the messages they transmitted:?:

Those messages can be turned off, But I suspect you will need admin priveledges to do so.
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

If you want to stop those messages...I would suggest that you disable that freaky "Messenger" service from your services.
    I have never been quite favourable to downloading softwares for something that I can do quite easily without their help...:cheers:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I'd venture to guess that those who got booted weren't ousted for using netsend, but rather for the idiotic content of the messages they transmitted:?:

Those messages can be turned off, But I suspect you will need admin priveledges to do so.
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/
    That.....and the fact they net sent messages to the entire domain instead of a single workstation. You can bet staff werent too impressed when every 3 seconds messages such as 'yo dude, you going down pub after this ****?' and 'yeah? that chick was ****able, id do her' popped up on every computer in the campus.

God bless the idiot-proof command-prompt tools.

No privs whatsoever on the campus computers, and exploting bugs (like going to mshelp and getting help to open a control panel that was previously hidden/disabled) wasnt worth the effort. The machines were audited every week. So instead of some geeky tech walking around and disabling the messenger service on a few hundred computres, they instigated the net send policy.

the one the guy sent me was privite...only I get it. He told me he went to conole messaging or something like that
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

in "net send" too you can send private messages and only the intended user will get the message. if you mention a computer name or IP...it can be done quite easily
    i don't know what that guy is talking about...wat is a conole messaging? never heard of it...in any case...you can always do the job with the help of net send...:thumb:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

The comps are labled typinglab11, 12, 13, etc. So I would just open command prompt and write "net send typinglab13" for example?

-Lawton Jenkins
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information