Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't logon

My friend forgot his password on his computer (winxp) and currently using the windows welcome screen to log on. Is it possible to switch to the windows classic log in on so you can log on as an administrator? Is there a simple keyboard command that can automatically switch it? What do we do in a case like this?

You are kidding right!

Format and reinstall.

Or post a note from your friends physician explaining his/her mental condition.
    Then I might tell you -- but I'll be calling the doctor to confirm it beforehand.

Not saying you'd do anything untoward now mind you, but that is a lot to ask of us isn't it?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

That's the whole point of this sort of security...so you can't just bypass it with a simple tweak!

If your friend has forgotten his password, there's not much you can do about it. Reformat and reinstall as suggested and next time make a password recovery disk before you get the chance to forget it again (details in my WinXP: Relax to Righteous guide).

hehehe sorry guys......I should have known better then to post this :o

I guess all there is....is to back up the data from one computer to another and format it. I'll think twice before posting something dumb again.

Now this is why I always suggest usin' 2 partitions. ;)

Sure it won't save ya from a dead HDD but in these cases..... perfect (so long as ya havn't encrypted the files) :)

not a poor question, a poor place to seek the answer though

it's about integrity
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

But do make arrangements for ya friend's memory to be checked as that password ya must select should be second nature to ya. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    My friend forgot his password on his computer (winxp) and currently using the windows welcome screen to log on. Is it possible to switch to the windows classic log in on so you can log on as an administrator? Is there a simple keyboard command that can automatically switch it? What do we do in a case like this?
    Press ctrl+alt+delete twice in quick sucession to get to the classic logon page. Logon as Administrator and change said password. No need to reformat & reinstall. Sheesh!

What's the bet he can't remember that one either if he forgets the user account one? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    What's the bet he can't remember that one either if he forgets the user account one? :D
    Yeah but i agree with Bahamut out here...i mean atleast he can try.
    By thinking about problem this user is getting, I am sure he is not a very advanced user and if someone did an install for him, most prolly he would have left the admin password as blank.
    Atleast he can take a chance...try logging in with administrator with password as blank, or password as "administrator". Thats wats there in most pc's of n00b's. If that doesn't work, before reinstalling, take a last chance and ask the guy who did an install for this person with amnesia attacks. May be that tech-guy uses same admin password on every puter he works on...you never know...:thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information