Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SP1, what file is install?

Well that SP-1 is certainly a corrupt download cos in no case it could be a 71MB download from mirror site.
    Its possible only when you are downloading it from M$ update site and the update software finds that 71MB is wat you need.
    Its really unfortunate that you will have to download it again...it took me approximately 22 hours on an almost dead dial-up connection and I can understand the pain of waiting...

and hey...thats "asklepios" in whole...not "ask+lepios"...:laugh:

:cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

You can also get SP1 from computer magazine cover CDs. Might save you a whole bunch of time downloading it on dialup.

What you want is the "Network Installation" version which is, as Asklepios said 134MB. It will download as an executable and you should then burn it to CD or save it somewhere safe for future reinstalls of Windows XP.

BTW it's referred to as SP1a now, not SP1. The difference is negligible - they've removed Microsoft Virtual Machine from SP1a - which for most people means nothing at all. If you've got SP1 don't bother installing SP1a.

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    Well that SP-1 is certainly a corrupt download cos in no case it could be a 71MB download from mirror site.
    Its possible only when you are downloading it from M$ update site and the update software finds that 71MB is wat you need.
    Its really unfortunate that you will have to download it again...it took me approximately 22 hours on an almost dead dial-up connection and I can understand the pain of waiting...

and hey...thats "asklepios" in whole...not "ask+lepios"...:laugh:

:cheers:
    AL,

I downloaded it from work on their dsl line.
    Just couldn't wait again.

I post results.
    thanks

ap

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    That was a mistake i made in the past,
    why u posted it out??
    :smokin: :smokin:

i know that is not allow though, i didnt do it any more!:shoot3:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information