Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Express Help Please

Everytime I open outlook to check my mail it ask's me for a password. I cannot for the sake of me can find how to turn that off. I go to Tools>Accounts>Then properties on the mail account and type in my password and make sure it's checked on to remember password hit apply, return, ok, everything I know to enter it in. I leave it and it's erased and still ask's me for my password.

This is a new computer on my old one it never asked me for my password but on this I just cant turn it off, I hate entering it in everytime.

All help is appreciated.

Is it Outlook Express or MS Outlook?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Which versions of Windows and OE are you running?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

It's Outlook Express 6. The free one. I have Windows XP Home, I don't exactly know what OE means?

oe means outlook express DUH!

There's your problem, in some instances, the combonation of WinXP and Outlook Express is known to do that. I have a fix for it, I'll post it here as soon as I find it.

edit: there it is, had to search through my e-mail.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;264672

Thanks a bunch.... Now just need to try it. Sounds a little scary as I usually don't mess with stuff like that but I'll give it a whirl.:)

Yeah, working for an ISP, i've seen that one too many times. This fix is good. I'll think you'll be ok.

Yeah it seemed to work I dont have any problems whatsoever everything is still running smoothly.

Just a quick question though, do I just deleate the reg file that I exported and saved?

Yeah, if you exported it. All that is was a backup. You can delete it. I say, maybe make a restore point in Windows' system restore first.

Later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information