Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Internet explorer

Where is the Internet Explorer Setup Wizard in Windows 95 ?
    I have the original 12 discs for Win 95, but can not find the Wizard to set up the internet connection to my local ISP

I'm really not sure about the A version - in truth I've never seen it.

try "Start" - "Run", then type inetwiz

or by clicking on Start, Programs, Accessories, Internet Tools, and then Get on the Internet.

Possibly it wasn't installed if that doesn't work.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I now believe there was no internet wizard in Windows 95. I have finally logged on to the ISP provider, and it tells me I am logged on etc. But I do not see anything. If I remember right, this is the time you would click on Internet Explorer, but I do not have that either. Any suggestions ? Thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...p2/default.asp

IE 5.5 will work I think, if you can DL it and burn the files to CD to transfer to the Win 95 system.

I got an old IE4 CD somewhere:?:
    Probably a collectors item:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Mr. C I also have a CD with Internet Explorer 4.0, but there is no CD Rom in this antique computer. I had another thread going explaining everything I tried to get the computer to accept a CD Rom, but nothing worked. The only think I was still going to try was to put the hard drive into a newer comuter that had a CD Rom. Then I was going to load Windows 95, or 98 from a CD that I also have , do the 'ENUM" trick, and then put the hard drive back in the original computer. Will maybe try that tonight.

Well, I loaded windows 95 and all other software that I wanted on this "other" hard drive, while in a newer computer. Then I did the "ENUM" thing, and shut down the computer. Installed the hard drive in the older computer (10 years) that did not have a CD Rom. At first boot, after it told me the memory etc, it said there was no operating system. So I shut it off, and rebooted while holding down the "DEL" key. This took me into the setup , I guess. There were about 8 options. I chose to "Auto detect the hard drive" It did detect the hard drive and I chose 'YES", it then went on to detect the CD Rom, but did not find any because there is none. I then chose to "Write to CMOS" and exit. Now when it boots, it tells me the memory again, but then hangs. Do I need to do something else in that "SETUP" area ?
    If so, please be specific. I am ready to give up on this antique, but feel that I am almost there. Can someone help me finish this off, or should I just throw it out the window ???

Switching a hard drive containing an OS between 2 systems is likely to fail.
    The Operating System configured itself to deal with a particular motherboard/chipset, and now you are throwing a completely different set of rules at it.
    Fact is, it is wholly confused and may well not boot at all in the other system. If there is a workaround, it is still probably much simpler, and will save time to just format the drive and reinstall Windows ------ of course, then it would be the same thing all over again if you tried moving it back to the other PC afterwards.

i can't be of much help but the last time i had my PC hanging on me after a memory check, it had a dead mobo battery...:?:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

hmm, Win95 i dont remember, i would recomend 98SE.
    last time i used 95 was on my old Packard Bell. PB and 95, that was adventure just to boot up!!!

anyway, to install it, i wouldnt use the floppies either. here's what i would recomend. Take the drive into the computer w. CD. 1. boot form CD
    2. Start computer w. CD support.
    3. fdisk and format the drive, making sure when you format, using /s switch to make it bootable. At least i think it /s
    4. copy win98 directory onto the drive.
    5. Put back into old system.
    6. upon bootup. got to win98 folder and run setup.

That is what i do w. 5 or so systems that i dont have CDrom for.
    Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I formatted the hard drive while it was in computer #1. I loaded W95 from the small discs., and it even had Internet Explorer when I was finished. Why the computer did not have IE front the start, I will never know. Anyway, the computer now had IE , and now my friends daughter could at least try getting on the internet to e-mail her parents, without wasting any more money. I did not try Windows 98, because there is only 8 meg of ram in this antique. Then I installed that old CD Rom again which until now the computer would not find or recognize. To my surprise, it fould the CD Rom, and now that is also working. Again, many thanks to all.

Thread Information