Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyboard hook up ?

just wondering how do i make my functions on my keyboard work(internet,volume,search buttons)with my operating system.i'm using xp pro.

It seems to me that you have got a multi-media keyboard. Install the drivers or in other words the software that came with the keyboard and it will start working as you want it to.
    Usually XP installs all the keyboards as default "Standard 101/102 keys keyboard" but you can change its behaviour by installing the software.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

What keyboard have you got exactly, is there a disk that came with it:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

thanks 4 your reply,my keyboard is an old keyboard that game off my hewlett packard,and yes it's your standard keyboard,and no i dont have a disk 4 it.

try going to;
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng...re_drivers.htm

and searching for drivers for that HP PC - maybe you'll be fortunate enough to track down drivers for that keyboard that came with it.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

well when this keyboard worked,i was using win "me" and the key functions worked,so you know the story ,i wont even look at that disk.(crap os) so thats were i stand on this isue

MR. You type to fast.i was just there (hp link) but i wasn't sure if that would be a good idea to download any drivers from hp since my computer isn't a hp. this puter is a new build,asus mobo a7n8x deluxe.

What we would be hoping to find would be the software for the keyboard.
    But unless you have the model# of the keyboard, you might have to search for it by looking for software for the HP system you have/had that it came with.
    True, it was for ME -- but some people may have upgraded and HP possibly provided an updated driver, or perhaps it worked with XP already??

Don't really know of another place to look for what you are after, right offhand:?:
    Thought it might be worth a shot - never hurts to look anyway:thumb:

thanks my friend i'll give it a shot

well i went to hp web site and had to enter in the model number of my old puter and it looks like i got what i needed but i have to wait to re start my puter to see if it Ill work. i have some programs running that i cant shut down right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information