Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: stopping service

in task mgr. i have a service msmsgs.exe, that i think is messg. i have disabled it in system services removed it from startup but still it wont go away norton says it is trying to get to the internet every time i restart windows its running i stop it in task mgr 60 sec. latter it restarts i have ad-aware,norton,the cleaner,& trogan hunter none of them find any thing wrong. i am running XP/service pack one this thing is using betwen 6 & 9000k. of mem which i dont have to spare not counting what it takes norton to stop it anybody have any suggestions before i have to reformat. thats a pain since mr gates, forgot to put windows on the install disk he put it all on the update page. THANKS BUDDY_Y

It maybe a good idea to tell use if ya still want to use the service or if ya don't use it at all first.

i don't want it ! i don't want any program doing any thing i don't now about and when its trying to get to the internet by itself i don't like that. so i would like to box it up and send it back to mr. gates he will probaly sell it to someone else poor guy needs the money so bad.

Then the easiest way is to rename the messenger folder to something like messenger.old or whatever ya want. :D

i went to search find ms messenger and it shows nothing

It should be in C:/program files/messenger unless you've changed the default path. ;)

have not changed any paths that i no of. just went to search msmsgs.exe found one file deleted file it reloaded at start up. this is probly a stupid question but does msn home page reload mess i do use hotmail but i have never let mess. sign in i sign in by hand each time. or maybe this is part of mr. gates new panhandler program wich i hear is redey for testing.

This is the folder that ya need to rename. :bounce:

Thread Information