Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My .exe files have changed its icon!!

firstly forget that "Oh my god"!
    panicking is the last think you can do! if you think that you don't have a virus, good enough. i would just say take a second opinion!
    here is Norton Online Virus Check.
    Do a scan online and confirm that you don't have a virus. I agree with bigjackusa and seems to me to be a virus too, but I would again say...relax and don't panic. :cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thank you so much for all your help!!
    It was virus!!!!!!
    I couldn't believe it!
    Now I have auto check start with windows.
    A great lesson learnt.
    Thanks. I still can't believe I got a virus!
    Thank you!!

The virus was called something "handy"

its nice to know that you found the virus and got rid of it!
    always feels good to win a battle against viruses :thumb:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Yes that is good news, but do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Norton Antivirus 2003, the best AV software I have ever used. It is most likely better than the current one you are using, and I would seriously consider paying the $50 for it. :thumb:
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

XBoy

Disregarding your avitar, you will generally find people around here much more friendly if you refrain from references to things like"aquiring it other ways". I'm not passing judgement or scolding you. You have every right to persue your own course. This is just a friendly note to the new guy in town.

I'm going to assume at this point, that he was referring perhaps to a software package included with the purchase of a new system:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

told ya.......:rolleyes: *score 2 for orion* And I will also use this opportunity to lay the,"Smack-Down" on all of the mom and pop version of antivirus scanners. This just goes to show that The generic, non namebrand virus scanners:just can't tackle the Big boys or viruses. Examples Avg, Pc cillin, and turbo vaccine are more likely spy bots than anything and do not work. I emplore anyone who reads this to Use professional grade antivirus software with Auto protect and boot scan enabled.

Anyways, lol, I've had numerous java script exploits, vunerabilities and trojans come my way, but Norton then asks the question,"Can you smell what the Mantec is cookin?...You!" .....|Stop process, quarantine and forget about it. Make copies of the virus and delete untill you have avenged your computer.

all I have to say now is:Good for you iversionis....It feels good killing those buggars don't it?

:shoot3: :hammer: :shoot2: :snip: :smokin:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

i don't know why people swear by Norton. Do you know there are better things out there then this sys hogging crappy sh*t.
    Just cos it worked for you doesn't mean that it is the end of the world and is the best one.
    Personally i m one of the strongest opposer of NAV. It takes so much of resources and is surely is not worth it. There are better things out there and then after all "Precaution is the best thing".

First and foremost thing...dump that P2P utility you have :laugh:

AVG, PC-Cillin are spybots :?: I hope you didn't said that seriously
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

He obviously hasn't tried AGV then. :laugh:

It was great!! Now I got Norton Antivirus 2003 running on my PC.
    You know what?! My other computer also had a virus on it!!
    Just one file though.
    The problematic computer had 33 viruses and I had to delete three precious files. OH NO!!
    Anyway. I think my computer is clean now.
    I don't have to delete the repaired files do I?

Thanks for all you help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information