Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My .exe files have changed its icon!!

I have searched everywhere and could not find the solution to this! Please help me. As you see in the screenshot. All the .exe files in my Download folder has changed its icon. Why did this happen!?
    Is this some kind of a registry problem?
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

It looks like you have downloaded a foreign charactor set, probably on the internet while visiting a site with Asian content. Go to "Control Panel", "Regional and language options", and change everything back to English. Your date format is wrong too. Hopefully that is all it will take to fix it and it is not some virus.

Well, if it is a virus, then you should learn chineese. That way the virus won't annoy you, good motivational teaching tool to learn chinnese or mandrin.:rofl: :rofl: :shrug:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

I don't think that is the problem. Actually I am running Korean windows XP. Please help!!

I have checked virus too. It is not virus. It is very weird. The .exe files that I put in download folder change icon for some reason.
    Please help!! Never had this problem before. Could it be some kind of registry problem?

Are you Korean?,if not why are you using a Korean version of XP??
    Is it a legal copy?

Yeah I'm Korean. Why do you ask?

Its not only the icons that have changed!!
    Its actually the file sizes!!
    About 20bytes are added to the files for some reason.
    I know this because I compared them to my backup files on cdr.
    Their sizes are all different!!! So the change of icons!!
    Please help me!!
    What is changing my .exe file sizes??

I'd guess that if it is a uniform increase in file size, it is either a virus or character set description that is longer than the origional. What AV software are you using? Is it up to date?

I'm not using any antivirus software at startup. I just use it to check time to time. I use one called Turbo Vaccine and have only just used it after all this happened. The engine is up to date 6th March 2003.
    Could it really be a virus even when it says its clean?

After hearing you. It could really be!!! Because only the .exe files have changed!!!
    Oh my god!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information