Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 98SE changing gui?

Is there a way to setup windows that it will load SETI command line instead of the windows GUI???
    I know that 98lite would cut down on the unnescessary crap that comes with win98, but is this possible??
    BTW I need newtorking to work as well.

Well now ya have me :confused: so do ya want to explain this a bit better? :?:

well, Im not sitting in front of 98se, and my mobo is getting RMA'd hopefully. So i will let you know when it gets back.
    but i beleive there is a setting somewhere that makes you boot into windows, but doesnt load gui. Hmm, I cant explain it any better than that ATM. :confused: \
    if you dont get it, have a beer and I'll ask when i can trully play with it. So :cheers: untill it comes back from RMA

OK, while getting made fun of by Olie in the beergarden forum about the 3.1 -> XP network I came up with something.
    3.1 used to boot to C prompt.
    Can I do the same with 98se, but have the networking capabilities as well??? that way i can run the commandline SETI client and be set? right????
    Or am I missing something?

Thread Information