Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: device manager ?

looking under device manager i have a yellow box next to my raid controller. i now there is no driver assigned for this do i need a driver for this ? and if so were do i go for this

a7n8x deluxe mobo
    (1)corsair pc3200c2, 512mb
    amd xp 2600+ cpu
    western digital special edition 80gb ata/100 hard drive
    windows xp pro, sp1
    ati radaon 9000 pro, graphics card
    lite-on cd drive 46x12x48

I would think that the raid function would be part of your SATA drivers package. You should have gotten a floppy with the mobo that has the drivers. They should also be on the cd.

would think that the raid function would be part of your SATA drivers package. You should have gotten a floppy with the mobo that has the drivers. They should also be on the cd.
    i did get a cd with my mobo and i tried to install the raid drivers and it came up empty,i guess i ned a little explanation on raid controllers what do they do and do i need these in my setup

thanks once again i did find it on my cd---thanks

you seem to have your answers already, but the raid is for your sata ( i have this mobo btw), so unless you have sata devices it would be better to just disable the feature..this is done by a jumper on the mobo.

if you do decide to keep it enabled, there is updated drives on ASUS's web site.

and when updating your nforce2 drivers, use ASUS's nforce2 driver package and not the one found on nVidia's site...there are difference in the 2

and while on this topic, there is also a fairly new BIOS available as well
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information