Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E5602as.dll

Can anyone tell me what this dll refers to and how can I fix it? Can't find a reference or explanations doing any search, i.e. google, tweaktown, microsft. It appears only on startup.

Thanks in advance.

is it an error message?
    What OS?
    What apps are in your startup?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I think E5602.DLL is part of DX 9:?:
    is it possible you have the beta installed?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

you didn't even tell us what the problem is...what do you want to fix and why do you want to fix.
    :confused:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

fix:?:
    I'm still trying to find out what the .dll is for sure:D

i feel that there is a spelling error in name of that dll otherwise it must have had some kinda reference on net. ;)
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thanks for the responses. Sorry if my original post was not clear.

I am running winme on my laptop, 800MHZ, 384MRAM. I get a pop-up box, upon start-up, that states "E5602AS.dll" is missing. The .dll stated above is exactly as seen in the box. I can't find a single bit on the net or anywhere else. Everything seems to work fine, as in: programs run, documents/scripts/java/files all open and appear to function properly. The pop-up, although it only appears at start-up, is just a little annoying.

Thanks again for any help.

well go to msconfig and then look for what all programs are starting at start up.
    usually there is nothing in softwares that is a must for the computer to start. note down all the things that are starting up at start-up and then uncheck all of the checkboxes or in other words make it not to load anything.
    restart and check whether the problem still exists. if it does then we might have to think something else but if it does not...then go to msconfig again and start the programs one-by-one (here i mean the programs that were getting started before tweaking).
    restart the PC after you start each program. now when u get the pop-up again, you will know which program has a corrupt start-up.
    most probably you un-installed something but the registry entries are still there and hence the problem.

i hope i made a reasonable explanation and didn't confuse u. this process is a bit of tedious but if you have lots of porgrams starting then i don't think there is another way out.
    anyother way guys...:confused:?
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I agree with asklepios that it is probably a remnent of an uninstalled app. You used to find the call for these things left in the system.ini file all of the time. That might be a place to look for a quick fix.

Does the WinME registry editor have a search function? If so then you should be able to do a simple search of the registry for this dll file and the folder where it resides should give you an idea as to the program that is trying to find it on startup. From there, it might make your task a little easier when going into msconfig.

Just a thought.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information