Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can this happen?

I read somewhere might of been here that someone was using WinXP PRo and they reinstall and reformat quite alot, and it finally quit taking his key, he said he has to contact Microsoft now whenever he wants to reinstall just for a new key. I reinstall quite A bit so could this happen to me. BTW, it is a legit version of Windows XP pro.

The deal with windows protection is you will have to get a new code when doing big upgrades e.i. Motherboard. It should allow you to add say another 512MB of memory without a problem. It works by generating a unique key according to your hardware. I highly doubt it would simply reject the key as long as you dont upgrade significant components.

I know that Pro is somewhat different in the way it handles protection. If Im remembering correctly, there is no need to get new codes when upgrading. Anyone have anything to add?

BTW I reformat my XP Pro about once every 3-4 months and no problems. Have done it atleast 4 times now.

no probs lah..... how about u ghost ur computer right after u install it.... i mean the cleanest system.... didnt install anything yet.. only OS.... that is what i do all the time... it takes faster than reinstall...
    check this out if it helps:laugh:

Thread Information