Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: about bootscreen

a couple days ago, i changed my bootscreen by a stupid direction which i downloaded from a site, but i wasnt work and also issued my pc dead completely, i had no idea and finally reinstalled the whole OS.
    :cry:

But i still wanna change a coolest bootscreen, pls any one shows me the exactly and correctly directions...

thanks all your guys!

Not sure what OS you use but if you're using XP then bootxp may be what you seek . It works great for me.

http://www.bootxp.net/
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

thanks for the link buddy!
    i am using XP+sp1 Media Center Edition

mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Check out the guide by ExtremeMhz for customizing WindowsXP looks to the fullest! :thumb:

though bootxp is the thing I like!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

thanks a lot ,asklepios!!! thanks for your help!

i currectly using the Bootxp. but it is not working..

when i changed the bootscreen, it said succeful, and the screen will be the one you just changed next bootup, but actually not, after i reboot the computer, it was the same screen, imeant the default screen. there is no way to change the bootscreen by using the BootXP.. mine is not working, i have no idea why it happends to me... Anyway, i go and check out the guide which asklepios recommend: peace2:
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Not sure why BootXP won't work for you as I've had no problems whatsoever but good luck in your search for another method.

Just out of curiousity .... you're not trying to change the splash screen on a Dell or Compaq are you??? So far as I've been able to figure out that thing is built right into the bios .... but I've been wrong before.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

This brings back old memories of Win95 where the logo.sys file was all you had to change to have a custom boot-screen. BootXP worked great for me until I switched OS's.

Thread Information