Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xp=crap?

finaly someone with the same prob as me. im gonna git a wd 40gb 8mb 7200rpm hdd and if that fixes it then there we go but if it doesn't fix it the ill be pissed:wow: :mad: :mad: :wow:
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Quote Originally Posted by jeallen0
    Plus i think my hdd is going bad cuz its startin to raddle and errors are more common now than before :wow: :mad: :mad: :wow:
    Bingo. It's not the CD, it's your drive corrupting information. XP copies most of the files it needs to configure and install onto the hard drive first to speed things up. If your drive is having problems these .cab files will become corrupted and hence install corrupted components.

hey jallen0 just some advice..not always does getting a new harddrive fix a Problem like this...You see the top layer of the cd is where the data resides under the lable, so if that is scratched you are most screwed....

Anyways for the people that know me:rolleyes: hehe nope i havent had an unfortunate accident modding my psu with 100,000 volts to run 50 industrial strength 1 gig video ram cards...:flames: :flames: ....hmmm that would be sweet. brb gota go and contact my power company to see how much power i can get thought my 220 line.

5 min later....oh darn. lol ne ways I am still to this day convinced that the same thing that happend to 98se when it was the lastest and greatest and the fix to everythign when it first came out, is gona happen with xp and all of the obsolete oses..I'll clarify..

When xp came out ,98se The rare version that I use that works great...I know I must be lucky.... was working fine, but then after a few months( connected to the internet and vunerable to billhates) I belive that microsoft gave all obsolete oses the goahead to turn into a big pile of crap. I am certian that this will hapen with xp no too long after longhorn is hyped up and peopel buy it. anyway this is just my conspiracy and i onlyuse it here becuz the tilte of this thread is xp=crap.

:cheers: :2cents: :shh:

Or it could be what other people in this post have said...hardware...might be bios...cmos or your mobo.:rofl:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Quote Originally Posted by 0R1()N
    hey jallen0 just some advice..not always does getting a new harddrive fix a Problem like this...You see the top layer of the cd is where the data resides under the lable, so if that is scratched you are most screwed....
    may be u didn't read his prvious posts properly but he tried the CD on his friend's PC and it worked. you have any theories now? :rolleyes2
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

:rolleyes: I anwser your question with a question.....Did you read my post right?:blowkiss:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

i don't know what i missed in it :?:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Originally posted by 0R1()N

My postVVVVV 3 levels up

[B]Or it could be what other people in this post have said...hardware...might be bios...cmos or your mobo.:rofl:

meaning that it wasent the cd at all...lol

As someone mentioned bad RAM will also do this as I found out. Run memtest86 here

Good luck.

Do you mean a memory hole error or memory leak? what kind of ram is it? ecc or non ecc? becuz if its ecc it should correct errors like that.

"E.C.C" mean error correction something....

Don't think it's E.C.C.... E.C.C RAM is rather costly and is most commonly used on servers.... unless you've got the cash for it of course :)

I have a feeling that the RAM could be the culprit... Try using relaxed RAM settings...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information