Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xp=crap?

ive been tryin to install xp home update on my system and each time i try it for some odd reason it says that one of the files is not found/corrupt and its startin to piss me off. each time its a different file that is skrewed. the cd has no skratches on it... not even dust. im runnin win98se right now and it seems to be working better for me right now......also just this last time i installed it and had to revert to the previous version of 98, as it was reinstalling 98 got skrewed up and some...alot of the files were missing...so many that it wouldnt let me boot past the windows boot screen. could this be a hardware problem or is my xp cd all fukked up. :mad: :wow: :mad:
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

It may be a range of things. Yes it could be your hardware settings, it could be the XP CD. Most likely though it's because you're updating rather than doing a clean install. Updating from an older Windows to XP will inevitably cause your problems, so if at all possible, please do a clean reformat and reinstall of Windows.

sounds like your CD is messed up to me. I get the same thing fairly often from faulty software CDs

if you have a cd burner, try using it since burners are better at reading CDs =)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

i have the same thing happening when playing with my old setup. But I would suspect the CDrom drive or RAM as the culprit. Not the CDs fault. :2cents:

i fail to understand that why does everyone have to start their XP related problems with "eXtra Problems" or "XP is ****" or "XP is crap".
    i completely agree with PI here. if the CD does not show any scratches and you are having random files missing or corrupt then most probably it is just a bad install rather than XP=crap or CD being F@#ked up. if the files on the CD had some problem or in other words if some file was missing then it will show you the same error again and again and not random ones. try a complete format and re-install rather than doing an upgrade and you might be on right track.

i wish to be wrong but after reading the post i have a feeling that the CD is not a legit one either or am i wrong?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    i fail to understand that why does everyone have to start their XP related problems with "eXtra Problems" or "XP is ****" or "XP is crap".
    i completely agree with PI here. if the CD does not show any scratches and you are having random files missing or corrupt then most probably it is just a bad install rather than XP=crap or CD being F@#ked up. if the files on the CD had some problem or in other words if some file was missing then it will show you the same error again and again and not random ones. try a complete format and re-install rather than doing an upgrade and you might be on right track.

i wish to be wrong but after reading the post i have a feeling that the CD is not a legit one either or am i wrong?
    Legit or not it's probably his older 98se that is giving him troubles. A clean install is always to prefer, that way you also get to check if XP has problems with some of your hardware..

I love 98se but saying that XP is crap just because of a problem like this is dumb.

:cheers:

the xp cd is legit. bought it and got the receipt. ive dont some reformats and it still deosn't work for some odd reason. the cd got no skratches. i was thinking that it was 98 that had the prob. so i took the cd to my friends house and installed it on his comp and it worked just fine.:wow: :mad: :mad: :wow:
    **LAPTOP**
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

then your CD-ROM or whatever optical drive you are using is more than likely the problem.

Try a different drive and see if that fixes your problem
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

ive tryed gettign a new cd-rom but that didnt solve the porb. i also tryed turning the DMA off on the cd-rom and hdd but it also didnt work. plus i think my hdd is going bad cuz its startin to raddle and errors are more common now than before :wow: :mad: :mad: :wow:
    **LAPTOP**
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

I can tell you for sure that your CD is not fukked up, whenever I have to reinstall XP, I get the same thing, over and over again, different file each time and my CD is in mint condition.

I think it has to do with the hardware, I find XP to be very *****y about what kind of memory you use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information