Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with windows desktop?

If your fed up with boring win32 shell or XP style desktop try a talisman virtual desktop:

Make your own desktop!

You can make your own or use someone elses and the possibilitys are limitless! It incorporates the usual windows features such as task bars and start menus but you can have them as how you like - even with flash like graphics e.t.c

warning they will take up a bit of your memory so if your on an oldie it may screw your system up. But take a peak anyway they truly are great!!

ta ta : peace:

i tried talisman but a few skins or themes that i downloaded...well i didn't like them much.
    its just my opinion but i like windows blind or style XP more than talisman
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Yeah i have gone back to ME style on XP just due to saving a little memory. I reckon the talisman things a pretty good but i wouldn't be arsed to make my own. It was just impulse off watching minority report which made me think - wouldn't it be great to have a different deskop.

I didn't really find what i wanted - i would have liked something with more animation like a flash based website.

ta ta

If thats the case Mrscruff why didn't you check it out before you recommended it in the first place??? :rolleyes:

i hate to say it but...:spam:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Cheese tastes nice at the weekends!

oh come on man...now wat made u so hyper? did those comments hurt u in some way? :?:

grow up pal...read the thread once again from first post (by a third person's point of view). i hope u will change ur ideas.
    no one is trying to stop you from sharing ur ideas with other users...infact that is the beauty of the forums like TT that you can express your views without any problems but the way that thread was going everyone would have a feeling that allie and me had.
    cool down my friend...everyone out here loves to see new ideas but when you recommend a thing and we don't expect something like "i didn't like it much" in ur next post.

anyways, i hope you had a good breakfast with burnt toasts (anything u touch with that temper would have been charred) :laugh:

don't even think about going with that lah lah again. :thumb:
    and once again...cool down a bit :)
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Sorry but i try to make constructive threads titles and thats what i thought the first post was like. It did make me feel bad when you fobbed it off as spam because i really dont want to be associated with any people who do it. Sorry for ranting on i can only say it was due to getting up early in the morning - i will now check all my mail at night :) so im much more lazy

I was defending my opinion and try to explain why i posted it like that - true from the first post it sounded like an advert ...... but it was i was v.sad and actuallty quite excited by what i had found. The next day when i decided i don't actually needed talisman i got your e-mail saying it was crap and then i wrote back to agree - sorry if it confused people.

Please could i start this thread again - i will change the wording but i still think its worth people lookin at.

Cool as a cumber ta ta

p.s lah lah lah lah i bet that could make a hell of a good thread though like the . thread........;) lol only jessin.

p.s i get what you mean allie about checking it out before recommending it - its just theres a hell of a lot of people out there who love critising other people - cause just saying that wasn't really relevent to the talisman program it was critising me!

ah well ta ta :thumb:

nice to see that Mr. Scruff is cool again ;).

about people checking out talisman...well yes it is a thing to look at but you can't keep it for long (thats just my opinion).
    you don't need to start a new thread...you can always edit your posts (if you want ofcourse). other wise you can add your opinions here only...that would be much better and wdn't make all other posts look irrelevant.
    we hope to see more new things from your side :thumb:

p.s. lah lah might make a thread but will only be able to flourish in BG...not in windows ;)
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information