Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: This is a good one

Ok will try my best to explain this problem.Bulit a new computer using Asus A7n8xdeluxe And a Amd 2400+ Asus Video card Running xp corp with sp1 .Ok heres the problem I loaded win zip which works fine .When i use the cd rom to install a program with has a normal looking zip file icon it unzips fine but when i put a cd in that has a differnet style icon it looks like a folder when i go to unzip it it locks up my pc .If i take the same cd to my other computer it opens fine .When i click on the folder which i want to open it goes right to the winzip extractor and works fine . i tried reinstalling the win zip and i even did a full reinstall of xp .I'am totally lost on this one .The icon that i'am talking about i see mostly on programs i get off of kazza .Hope this make some sence to someone and i can get some ideas to try thanks

Use winrar instead it's a mutch better app, maybe you got yourself some rar files there which requires winrar to extract..

http://www.rarlab.com/

:cheers:

PicoZip has a 30 day free trial. Tackles those .rar's with ease.

http://www.picozip.com
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Awesome program worked like a charm .Thanks But still like to know why win zip wouldn't work never had a problem like that before but then again this is a new computer i put together.Maybe i should leave things alone and be thank full for the small things , But i'am one of those people that like to know why things happen the way they do on pc's

most likely windows Rar files
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Thread Information