Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can i....

i have more than 1 account on my XP system and a dial up internet connection...what i want to know is can i switch between users while remaining connected to the net? if so. how do i do this?
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

i dunno if this will work, but you go
    start > logoff > switch user
    to my knowledge, this doesn't log the other user off, it just logs into another account

sorry i should have mentioned that i did try that and it didnt work for me...

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

:\
    i'm out of ideas (even tho it was only one :p)

all good andy. thanks anyway
    i too thought that would work but it d/c'ed me :(, maybe i have something i need to change in my settings? i dunno? anyone else?

if you create the same dialup account in both user accounts I think it may allow you to stay on. Also in the properties of the dialup make sure it says that other users can use this account. I don't know if that will work but give it a try

k thx for ur suggestions guys...

i got it working.
    what you have to do is:
    - make sure you have the same connection/settings in both accounts(which i had)
    - set it as the default connection in both accounts (i only had it as default in mine)
    - check "always dial my default connection"(i had "dial whenever a network connection is not present)

after doing all that, simply go to Log Off> Switch user, and if all of the above is the same in both accounts, she'll be shweet!;)
    :cheers:

Glad we could be of service

even though u didnt actually give me the solution ;) hehe. nah thanks for tryin anyway....i think i remember seeing that option that you suggested but for the life of me i couldnt find it today..-shrugs- oh well, didnt need it anyway

i have tried this method, and it does not seem to work.

all 3 user accounts have Telstra as the default connection, and its set to always dial the default connection in all accounts. a shortcut is in the "All Users" profile. do i have to make a new connection in every account for this to work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information