Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows updates slowing XP´s performance!!! (?)

I read in some other forum, that the Windows SP1 and "811493 Hot fix (update)" will slow your computer´s (XP´s) performance in some situations!

Microsoft´s FAQ about Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-013 (Q811493)

Why has Microsoft reissued this bulletin?

Subsequent to the release of this bulletin and the associated patches, a performance related problem was identified with the Windows XP Service Pack 1 version of the patch. This problem is unrelated to the security vulnerability discussed in this bulletin, however the problem has caused some customers to notice performance degradation on Windows XP SP1 systems after applying the patch.

What is Microsoft doing about the performance problem with the Windows XP SP1 patch?

Microsoft is actively investigating the performance related problems and will re-issue the Windows XP SP1 patch when it has been corrected and fully tested.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS03-013.asp

Nice work from Microsoft! M$
    I did have noticed that my computer isn´t working as fast as usual (e.g. starting a program takes at least twice as long as before ) Well, that might be the cause. : omg: : omg:

Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the patch. That will fix any "slowdowns" you're experiencing with the patch.

MS will reissue this patch when fixed. At the moment it's been moved from "critical" to "recommended" patches in Windows Update. I recommend you don't install it until it's been fixed.

Yeah, I´ll have to uninstall it... :hammer: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Information